SQL full form is a structured query language, and it allows you to interact through commands with the database. Here are some of the SQL Database functions:
- This allows users to retrieve information from the relational database.
- It enables the development of tables and databases.
- It allows data base and tables to be modified, added, removed, and changed.
- It gives protection, and allows permission to be set.
- Allows new ways for people to manage the info.
SQL Commands Types
Traditionally, SQL Commands are classified into four categories:
- Data Control Language (DCL Commands in SQL)
- Data Query Language (DQL Commands in SQL)
- Data Manipulation Language (DML Commands in SQL)
- Data Definition Language (DDL Commands in SQL)
DQL Commands in SQL (Data Query Language)
Data Query Language comprises only one ‘select’ order. Several other clauses can accompany this order to compose queries.
DDL Commands in SQL (Data Definition Language)
Data Definition Language is SQL power which enables a user to build and restructure objects from the database. Create Tables, Change Tables, and Drop Tables are the main DDL commands in SQL.
DML Commands in SQL (Data Manipulation Language)
The Data Manipulation Language is used inside tables to manipulate data. In SQL, the simple DML commands are Insert, Update, and Remove.
DCL Commands in SQL (Data Control Access Language)
Finally, we have Data Control Access which enables the user to monitor data access within the database. Such DCA commands are typically used to monitor privilege distribution among users and to create user-related artifacts. Grant and Revoke are primary DCL commands in SQL. This takes us to the end of the SQL intro. We learned here what SQL, SQL full form, SQL database, all simple SQL commands and their forms-DDL, DCL, DML and DQL.